MedFIT is the first European business convention dedicated to innovation partnerships in the field of medical technologies, diagnostics and IVD.
The event gathers all the actors in the innovation cycle from research to market along with the key players in regulation and evaluation.
MedFIT main objectives: to build R&D collaborative projects between start-ups, industrials and academia, source licensing deals and facilitate the market access for medtech innovations.
Gathering 500 attendees from research to market, MedFIT is the 1st European business convention dedicated to innovation partnerships in the field of medical technologies. MedFIT aims at entailing new partnerships between start-ups, industrials, academia and investors and at facilitating market access of medtech innovations.
At Digital Salutem, we pride ourselves in collaborating in innovation contributing with our expertise and developing relationships with stakeholders and innovators.
Our CEO, João Bocas is a recognised thought leader in Digital Health Technology, Innovation and IoT ( Internet of Things ), he was invited to moderate a panel on Innovation in Clinical Trials Design : How Can medtech save time and money ?
The panel was extremely rich in terms expertise and sector specific experience. The panelists were: Alexandre MOREAU – GAUDRY from TIMC-IMAG Laboratory – France ; Dominique DELMAS from Futurs Health Products – France and Solange Van De Moortele from Wright – France.
The medtech sector is going through important challenges, including the new Medical Devices regulation. We, as a panel addressed questions such as :
- What can be done to improve clinical trials design?
- What role technology has to play in the overall clinical trial process
- What are the main barriers that slow down innovation and how can we overcome them effectively?
- What the new medical devices regulations mean to the sector?
Listen to the full recorded session HERE ( Click on the Icon )
The conference had many interesting topics and sessions, however the Start Up Slam was extremely popular.
Check the Innovative Start Up list here ( in the picture too ):
- Damae Medical – Diagnostics on and beneath the Skin – http://damaemedical.fr/
- Ascil BioPharm – Develops patent injectable and locally acting Therapeutics http://www.ascil-biopharm.com/
- Fizimed – The first medical device connected to reduce urinary leakage http://www.get-emy.com/
- Defymed – Innovative bioartificial medical devices for a better life http://defymed.com/
- Japed Medical Devices – Medical Device Innovators http://japet.eu/?lang=en
- Grapheal – Innovative Healing devices for rebellious wounds http://www.linksium.fr/projet/grapheal/
- Sencet – Cancer Cell diagnostics http://www.sencet.fr/
The competition standard was extremely high, however they had two prizes and two winners; Jury Prize won by Japet Medical Devices and Audience Prize won by Grapheal.
Lastly, we would like to mention the Technomed party. It was a bundle of fun we can promise you, congratulations to the organisers Eurasanté for the successful event and animated party. We would like to share details about the party, however we follow a rule of thumb “ what happens in the party stays in the party “. The only thing that we can share for your consolation are the beautiful views……
We look forward to seeing you all in 2018 …..Au Revoir.